Frequently Asked Questions

Kings Court English College House is one College House but separated into two buildings. We are connected by an open courtyard. However, our two buildings always act as one house with common activities, facilities, and atmosphere. While reading this FAQ, keep in mind that since English House  and Kings Court are architecturally different, both buildings have their own distinct room attributes.

Room Attributes:

How big are the rooms?
Penn Housing Services provides diagrams for both English House and Kings Court on their website.
What furniture do the rooms come with?
All rooms come with:
2 beds
2 desks
2 drawers  that can be used under the desk or as a nightstand
2 chairs
2 bookshelves
2 sets of dressers
How much closet space is there?
In Kings Court, a majority of the rooms come with walk-in closets. There will be plenty of space. In English House, the closets are open, meaning there is no door to close over them, and only offer about 4-feet of hanging space per person. Fortunately, EH rooms make up for this with about 10 drawers or so per person and more overhead shelf space.
How are the rooms lit?
Each room comes with two standing lamps. However, halogens are NOT permitted.
Are we allowed to bring in extra furniture?
Yes. Make sure you look at the dimensions of your room before making a decision.

Around the House:

What facilities are there in KCECH?
Most of the common facilities are located in English House. Just to mention a few, we have our own cafeteria, computer lab, Oasis commissary, Mirage rooftop lounge, meeting rooms, lounges, TV rooms, laundry rooms, and library.
Are bathrooms co-ed?
All bathrooms are hall bathrooms. English House has two bathrooms per floor one Male and one Female. In Kings Court, there are three bathrooms per floor: one Male, one Female, and one co-ed.
Is there air-conditioning?
Student rooms are not air-conditioned, but residents can request a fan from the House Information Center, free of charge.  Common and public spaces on the Ground Floor of Kings Court and on the Ground and First floor of English House are air-conditioned.  However, if you have a medical need for air conditioning, you can request a unit online by filling out the following form:  Students Accommodation Form.
Are there elevators?
Yes. English house has one elevator and Kings Court has two elevators.
Is there any possibility into getting a single room?
English House has a small number of Singles, which are usually reserved for House Managers and upper-class residence. 
Is early move-in possible?

If you feel there’s a question here that wasn’t answered, feel free to contact us.