House traditions allow our community to showcase who we are. They remind us of what we stand for, and why we do what we do. Not only do they provide students with exciting events to look forward to, but they also help maintain our collective identity.
KCECH Day - Let the games begin! KCECH Day is our annual kick-off to bringing the KCECH community together through friendly competition. The weekend after NSO, students come together with their floors in full force to compete against one another in simple games like charades, musical chairs, tug-o-war, tower building, and more. At the end of the games, our house managers crown the winners. Throughout the year, we continue to host opportunities for residents to join together in fun spirited contests such as pumpkin carving, gingerbread house making, and trivia games.
Program Community Signature Programs - Every year, each of KCECH’s program communities host signature programs for the community to partake and learn from.
- Biosphere Summit - a panel discussion to spread awareness about environmental issues as well as to encourage pro-environmental practices.
- STWing & WiCS Robotics Fair - a series of talks from Robotics groups around Penn followed by a Robot building competition.
- PiH Penn Authors Forum - a discussion on the works of Penn Authors. See our collection here.
- Daily Language Tables - hosted by the Huntsman program, students can practice speaking different languages and meet new people over dinner.
Annually Recurring Fun and Activities
- Hiking and Canoe Trips
- Faculty Chats and Dinner Discussions
- Washington DC Cherry Blossom Trip
- Holiday Carnivals
- House BBQs
- House Brunches and Cultural Dinners
- Pumpkin Carving and Gingerbread House Contests
- End of Year Formal
Students are highly encouraged to communicate program ideas and activities that will make KCECH feel like home and to engage their personal interests as well. So please feel free to stop by the house office and help us get to know you!