Office Manager positions will take place virtually in the Fall semester. In-office responsibilities may be incorporated in Spring (if hybrid or in-person), abiding by public health guidance and university expectations.
Office Managers are responsible for supporting the programming goals of the King's Court English College House community. They help with the organization of activities that enable students to experience new academic and social horizons.
Office Manager will take responsible for special projects in the following categories: Social Media Content, Marketing, Discord, Canvas, Program Coordinators. While the category for which they are hired will remain their primary focus, Office Managers can expect to be trained on how to assist in each category.
- Completes tasks as assigned by House Coordinator and House Dean. Tasks may include participating in virtual events to take pictures/assess success, setting up zoom calls, managing the calendars, and other remote tasks.
- Communicates with other office staff members, RAGAs, faculty, House Coordinator and House Dean to promote house activities and initiatives.
- Promotes KCECH assessment and feedback initiatives, including KCECH surveys, the College House Survey, and ongoing informal survey opportunities
Social Media Content Managers
- Oversee house social networking accounts, which may include Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, Pinterest, etc.
- Create and shares content via social media accounts that promotes student engagement with KCECH Design and implement initiatives that support KCECH social media
- Edits video content for upload to KCECH YouTube channel
- Create materials to market KCECH initiatives in high and low-tech media
- Collect pictures at KCECH events; maintains a photo archive via flicker for use on social media, house webpage, newsletter, and other outlets
- Create weekly newsletter for KCECH on Mailchimp Promote College House Signature Programs: Research Fellows, Music Fellows, Film Festival (during 2020-2021 school year, these programs will likely be virtual)
- Help manage the Discord Server for KCECH Host tutorials on how to use Discord for residents.
- Moderate house server to make sure that community guidelines are followed Seek feedback from within Discord about programming and activity ideas
- Compile weekly report about Discord statistics Other duties as assigned
- Manage discussion boards in Canvas Assess engagement with the platforms Create informational pages and modules
- Add events from the calendar to the Canvas calendar
- Monitor the Piazza for questions
- Work with program communities and/or internal KCECH club initiatives to facilitate programming
- Communicate regularly with upper-class leadership to assess engagement and activities of smaller communities
- Help with tracking smaller community events and making sure that there is no overlap with house events
- Providing leadership skills and advice to help freshmen develop virtual communities and groups/clubs Other duties as assigned
- The ability to work effectively and efficiently in teams
- good problem-solving skills
- the ability to take initiative when necessary
- a passion for fostering a supportive and tight-knit community within the house
- time management skills
- ability to work independently
Pay rate: $10
Number of hours per week: 6 (max)